Gouranga G. Das
Jump to navigation Jump to search
경제학부 홈페이지 참고(2020.1.)
- Ph. D. in Economics, Monash University, Clayton, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Awarded in October, 2000.
- M.Phil. (Economics), Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India, Awarded in 1995.
- M. A. in Economics, Jadavpur University, Calcutta, India, Awarded in 1992.
- B.A. Economics (Honours), Jadavpur University, Calcutta, India, Awarded in 1990.
- (September, 2002—August, 2003), School of Economics and Trade, Graduate School of Business, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, 702—701, South Korea.
- Past Research-only Full-time Experience: Post-Doctoral Research Fellow (January 2001-2002), School of Forest Resources and Conservation (Resource Economics and Policy), Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences, University of Florida, Gainesville, USA.
- Visiting Scholar (Research Fellow), United Nations University-World Institute of Development Economics Research (UNU-WIDER), Helsinki, Finland for August—November 2010.
- Erasmus Mundus Scholar 2009-2010, Visiting Department of Economics, Faculty of Applied Economics. University of Antwerp, Belgium. May 18, 2010 –August 15, 2010. Host: Professor Wim Meeusen.
- Visiting Fellow, Department of Economics, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand for 19th November—10th December 2010.
- Courtesy Assistant Professor (Visiting), Department of Economics, University of Oregon, Eugene, USA. January 9, 2008 – January 30, 2008.
- Visiting Research Scholar, International Monetary Fund, Washington DC, USA (Global Development Network Selection), January, 2005-February, 2005.
- Methodological Areas: THEORETICAL WORK (General Equilibrium Trade), CGE ANALYSIS (Comparative-Static and Dynamic Computable General Equilibrium (CGE), especially Global Trade Analysis Project (GTAP) Model developed in Purdue University, USA), APPLIED ECONOMICS (development policy analysis).
- Substantive and Sectoral Areas: TRADE AND GROWTH (Modelling the aspects of trade, technology transfer and growth; Inter-sectoral technology flow in the context of information technology, biotechnology; Education and human capital accumulation; Skill-biased technical change); TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT (Outsourcing and Fragmentation; Issues related to Free Trade Agreements/Regional trading arrangements, Wage Inequality), AGRICULTURE ECONOMICS (Food Security, Land-use change, Biofuel and Agricultural Biotechnology, Productivity).
- Research Associate, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Project and Department of Economics, Monash University, Clayton, Melbourne, Australia. January, 2000-July, 2000 (extended till October, 2000).
- Research Associate, International Management Institute, New Delhi, India. July, 1995-Decmber, 1995.
- Research Assistant (1995), National Institute of Public Finance and Policy, New Delhi, India. February, 1995-May/June, 1995.
- Project Associate (1994) for the Embassy of the U.S.A., New Delhi, India. November, 1994-December, 1994
- [M.Phil: August, 1992- June, 1994] Title: “Intra-Industry Trade in Manufactures in Developing Economies: An Empirical Analysis with special reference to India” with Professor Deepak Nayyar, Centre for Economic Studies and Planning, Jawaharlal Nehru University, India (former Vice-Chancellor, Delhi University, India). Degree Awarded August, 1995.
- [Ph.D: March, 1996-January, 2000] Title: “Embodied Technology Transfer via International Trade: A Quantitative Exploration in a Computable General Equilibrium Framework” with Professor Alan A. Powell, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics, and Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Project, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia. Degree Awarded October, 2000. .
- Best Researcher Award (2010/2016), Hanyang University, South Korea
- Harvard Kennedy School. Innovation for Economic Development Program (IFED) 2014, ISEO (Italy) 2012.
- Recipient of ‘The Royal Economic Society, U.K.’ (RES) Small Conference Grant Fund, September 2009.
- Recipient of Erasmus Mundus Scholarship, European Commission (administered by University of Antwerp, Belgium), 2009-2010. Visiting University of Antwerp, May-August, 2010.
- Featured in Marquis Who's Who in the World, 2009—2014/15, 26th /27th Edition—current edition, N.Y. USA (entry in page 594 in 26th Edition).
- Award Finalist for the Global Development Awards Competition for 2006, Global Development Network, St. Petersburg, Russia.
- Awarded International Monetary Fund/Global Development Network "Visiting Scholarship" 2005.
- Postgraduate Publications Award, 2000, Monash Research Graduate School, Monash University, Australia
- National Merit Scholarship awarded by Government of India 1986.